Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Anvil of God's Word

Here is the poem I said I was going to post today. Hope you find this encouraging. If you are a skeptic of God's Word, remember that, only truth will stand the test of time. Jesus said "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not." Matthew 24:35

His Words have stood the test of time.


-The Anvil of God's Word-

Last eve I paused beside a blacksmith's door,
And heard the anvil ring the vesper chime;
Then looking in, I saw upon the floor,
Old hammers worn with beating years of time.

"How many anvils have you had," said I,
"To wear and batter all these hammers so?"
"Just one," said he, and then with twinkling eye,
"The anvil wears the hammers out, you know."

"And so," I thought, "The Anvile of God's Word,
For ages skeptic blows have beaten upon,
Yet, through the noise of the falling blows was heard,
The Anvil is unchanged, the hammers are gone."

-John Clifford

"For I am the LORD, I change not;
therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed."
Malachi 3:6

Until then,
Jon

No comments: