Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A sobering thought in....Latin?

-"Tu fui ego eris"-

I was doing a little research on different phrases, when I came upon the above Latin phrase. Once I saw it, I immediately thought of how true it was. It translates as, "I was you; you will be me", thus, "what you are, I was; what I am, you will be.". A memento mori gravestone inscription to remind you, the reader, that death is unavoidable

There is NO cure for death. "Mors vincit omnia" is yet another Latin phrases I found, which translates as, "death conquers all".

Remember, you have but one life, choose your destination unwisely and you will have an eternity to regret it. Your life is like an hour-glass, at any moment all that precious sand could slip away and that's it, life's done.

-Listen to the second President-

John Adams said, "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

Death happens to all. 10 out of 10 die. One day you too will face death, (how you will meet death I don't know, but for myself I will meet it with a smile and a joke). The question you should ask your self is, "Am I afraid of death?" and, "Where will I spend my eternity?"

-The End Of This Post-

Now, before I go, I'll leave you with these thought provoking, sobering words I came across:

"We only live once; so, therefore let us conduct ourselves in a manner in which we hope to be remembered for. History tells all she knows."

Until later,
Jon

No comments: